Peace & Global Witness Offering: Blessed are the peacemakers
The Peace & Global Witness Offering is received during the Season of Peace, which ends on World Communion Sunday. However, you can help sustain the important PC(USA) ministries and programs that are supported by this important Offering by making an online gift at any time throughout the year. Checks can be mailed care of Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) to P.O. Box 643700; Pittsburgh, PA 15264-3700.
How is my Gift Used?
A gift to the Peace & Global Witness Offering enables the church to promote the Peace of Christ by addressing systems of injustice across the world. Individual congregations are encouraged to utilize up to 25% of this Offering to connect with the global witness of Christ's peace. Mid councils retain an additional 25% for ministries of peace and reconciliation. The remaining 50% is used by the Presbyterian Mission Agency to advocate for peace and justice in cultures of violence, including our own, through collaborative projects of education and Christian witness.
Your local or mid-council portion of the Peace & Global Witness Offering could be contributed toward to the Freedom Rising fund for African American males.
Use these resources for promoting the Peace & Global Witness Offering in your church. Documents will open in a new tab when clicked below. To order resources directly or to check your congregation's standing order, call Presbyterian Publishing at (800) 533-4371 or email email@example.com.
- 2018 Special Offerings Calendar
- Leader's Guide
- Worship Resources
- Sample Sermon
- Children's Curriculum
- Poster (Spanish | Korean)
- Bulletin Inserts
- Minutes for Mission
- Proclaiming Peace (Video)
- International Peacemakers (Video)
- Welcoming Refugees (Video)
- Unrelenting Pursuit of Peace in South Sudan
- Sample Pastor Letter
- Promotional Images and Social Media Content
- Video: Peace & Global Witness Offering, Gun Violence (2016)
- Video: Peace & Global Witness Offering Overview (2015)
- Video: Webinar for Congregation Leaders (originally hosted Sept. 7, 2017)
- All Peace & Global Witness Offering Resources
- Season of Peace Resources
- Path of Peace Daily Devotional (September 3 - October 1)
- Special Offerings Calendar